Welcome

A collection of ConjureMan Ali's thoughts about magic, the occult, and spirituality.



Friday, May 16, 2014

Product Review: Oils from Wolf and Goat

Readers of my blog know that I frequently review books; as a bibliophile, I enjoy reading books and writing reviews on them. However, it isn't often that I write a review of products, because I am very careful about who I endorse and also because I rarely buy products from other people. But once in a while you come across something that you cannot help but rave about. That is exactly how I feel about the pair of oils I've received from Wolf and Goat.

Wolf and Goat is an online store producing high quality oils, powders, statuary, and various magica materia. Owned and operated by Jesse and Troy, skilled magicians and Quimbandeiros. Now in full disclosure, I should say that Jesse and Troy are my brothers in Quimbanda and while I am certainly biased, their work truly speaks for itself. 

During the Hoodoo Heritage Festival, they kindly gifted me with a pair of oils. One was a Venus oil made under an election by an astrologer I trust and the other was Clarity Oil. The first thing I noticed about both is the packaging. Beautifully packaged in individual little boxes and cushioned with a little nest. Each box is sealed with a small strip of leather and is labeled beautifully by hand. 


The oils themselves come in small glass bottles sealed professionally and labelled once more. With the oil is a small piece of fabric with details about the oil and some suggested uses. Visually, everything is beautiful. There is an attention to detail to each aspect of the packaging and appearance. It is the kind of next-level work you expect from a pair of artists. The entire appearance has an old-time-purveyor-of-sorcerous-items feel. 

While the aesthetic in me is pleased by the visuals of it all, I am a pragmatic person who is looking for magical products that actually work. To say I was not disappointed is an understatement. As I opened the bottle of Clarity Oil, I smell a perfect blend of oils and herbs that speak worlds to the perfumery skills of Wolf and Goat. But it is more than just the smell. Each oil is chock-full of real magica materia; herbs, roots, animal curios, and minerals are fused together into top notch oils. As anyone who makes oils can tell you, how you know if you've made a successful oil is when the smell, feel, and even look of the oil all capture the spirit of the oil's intent. Wolf and Goat's oils are exactly like that. One whiff of Clarity Oil and you are smelling Clarity. A dab of Venus oil on my hands and I could feel the luxuriant Venusian essence.

Suffice to say, I was ready to put them to use. This practical old earthy wizard was ready to get to work. I enjoyed the visuals, I sensed the high quality of the oil and the skill of the makers, but the final and ultimate test was whether the oils would work or not. 

I have currently been working at gaining the favor of a colleague in academia. I have been gaining allies ensuring that I remain in the center of a net of influential individuals so that I could extend my own influence beyond my department which I firmly have under control. In addition to traditional hoodoo work, I had been doing some astrological magic with Jupiter, Mercury, and Venus. Perfect opportunity to put my newly acquired Venus oil to the test. So I started including the oil in my offerings to Venus and dabbed a bit on my hands when I was meeting my colleague so I could touch him with the oil. After a week, success! Not only have I been able to extend my influence, but now I have the favor of several seniors colleagues in other departments who I am actively working with on new projects. 

The Venus oil is top-notch. It makes a great offering to the spirits of Venus, can be used on Venusian talismans, as scent to wear, or added to baths, for anointing candles, and much more. It perfectly captures powerful Venus from the Picatrix.  

Next up was the Clarity oil. The recipe is a unique blend that comes from direct spirit communing. It is true bottled sorcery. Now, one of my favorite ways of divining is scrying, especially with either water, smoke, or my mirror and crystal ball. In particular, I enjoy remote scrying where rather than seek divinatory signs, I using scrying to look in on specific people and situations. Magical spying if you will. So I added Clarity Oil to my work to see if I would notice a difference. 

Up first was water scrying. I got my scrying bowl and added a few drops of the oil into water. The effect was stellar. The image was clear and my focus was sharp. My scrying revealed a situation that needed my direct intervention so I reached for my sihr ink, a special type of magical ink we use in North African sorcery  to write out magical spells. We use it with a special stylus to write our will on the fabric of reality. I wrote out my spell on a special plate, added a few drops of Clarity oil, then washed the ink off the plate right into my scrying bowl, using it as a portal to carry the spell directly to my target. The result was instantaneous, the individual got the spiritual help they needed, none the wiser. 

Inspired by the results, I went on to smoke scrying. I lit my coal and added a drop of the oil which smoked beautifully. I called my spirit of divination to help send my sight far and the smoke responded. My spirit coiled around the smoke and within moments, I could see right into what I wanted with a clarity I had not been able to before. It was an amazing result. I added a few drops more oil to set it on fire with the coal and gave it as an offering to the spirits. 



I loved the results I got with the Clarity oil. I use it now to anoint my magic mirrors, my crystal ball, and in other scrying tools.

I am extremely pleased with my oils and would highly recommend Wolf and Goat. I have statues by them and have come to trust their work. Now with their oils, they've made a customer for life. If their other products are as good as their oils, they've got a powerhouse store. What sets Wolf and Goat apart is their ability to take their products to a whole new level of quality. From start to finish their products are works of art filled with spirit, life, and potency. 


3 comments:

SorcerousEndeavors said...

Awesome review, Conjure Man. It comes at a digging you're, as I made an order from them just a few days ago. Judging from what I could tell from looking at their shop, the Wolf and Goat crew know their herb lore.

SorcerousEndeavors said...

*Just the right time. Apologies for the autocorrect-induced with errors.

ConjureMan Ali said...

Not a problem. Auto-correct is a bane for us all.