Welcome

A collection of ConjureMan Ali's thoughts about magic, the occult, and spirituality.



Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Rite

Happy New Year everyone!

The transition from the old year to the new is always a great time for renewal, cleansing, and starting off with a clean slate. In conjure, it is common practice to clean out the old and make way for the new during this time. In light of this, I annually undertake a rite of cleansing and renewal and offer this service for free for those who wish me to add their name to my petitions.
This year, we had well over 30+ names added to the rite, not including myself and my own loved ones.
Here are the photos of the work performed right at the beginning of the new year.
I always begin with a rite of purification, cleansing away the detris of the past while giving offering to the spirits.
Utilizing the symbolism of the five-spot, the cross, and the triangle the lights open the way, protect, draw in money, love, health, success, and offer blessings.


Offerings of fire and incense were given to the my ancestors and saints to help see this work to its completion while bestowing their benediction.


The spirits were really moving that evening and you could feel the doors being opened.
The rite went smoothly and the candles burned wonderfully. Clearn burns with all the candles revealed a year of bounty!
Happy New Years to all!